Fleas, lice, ticks, lice, round worms, heartworms, hookworms, whip worms, tapeworms, and other such parasites hide in every corner. They can make your pet very sick and can also pose a serious risk to your health and your family’s.
The best prevention method is to schedule routine wellness exams with our animal hospital. We administer parasite preventives and recommend preventive steps to pet owners.
- Regularly clean cages, litter boxes, kennels, etc.
- Thoroughly wash your hands after playing with your pet or touching other pets.
- Replace your pet’s water with fresh drinking water every day.
- Make sure your pet doesn’t drink out of ponds, puddles, etc.
- Prevent your pet from eating or interacting with other animals that are not treated by vets.
- Do not let your pet smell, or step into animal feces.
- Do not feed raw meat to your pet.
Symptoms of Pet Parasites
Some pets may not show many symptoms of parasites, you may see one or more of the below mentioned symptoms if your pet has external or internal parasites:
- Change in appetite
- Abdominal bloating
- Weight loss
- Weakness and fatigue
- Scaly skin
- Bumps or scabs on the skin
- Frequent rubbing against furniture, other items, or scratching oneself
- Tiny eggs, ticks, lice or fleas on your pet’s body or around the pet’s living spaces
To test your furry companion for parasites or for veterinary inquiries, please feel free to contact us.